Free Fun For Kids!
Free Fun For Kids is back for Summer 2022!
All Free Fun For Kids shows are FREE on Wednesday and Thursday mornings and will include:
- 10AM • Free Arts & Crafts by Lowell National Historical Park
- 10AM • Free Children’s Books from Project LEARN
- 10AM • Free Healthy Snacks from our natural foods sponsors
- 11AM • Free Stage Performance
Wednesday, July 13th • BRYSON LANG
Bryson Lang’s show combines technical juggling skills with original comedy into a unique and unforgettable act. His audiences will see a likable, energetic personality performing captivating routines that mix audience participation, comedy, ball bouncing and spinning, fire-juggling, giant beach balls, improv, and always a few surprises.
Thursday, July 14th • CURIOUS CREATURES
A hands-on interactive live animal show for all ages! Get up close and personal with exotic reptiles and other animals from around the world, including a turtle, snakes, lizards, an alligator, and sometimes a skunk! This engaging show lets parents and children alike handle the animals, while educating in the process.
Wednesday, July 20th • JENNY THE JUGGLER
Jenny the Juggler is Boston’s best (& only) female full-time professional juggling performance artist since 1997! She is also a mom! A typical event with Jenny the Juggler includes magic, music, singing, physical comedy, interactive silliness, and audience participation!
Thursday, July 21st • BEN RUDNICK & FRIENDS
Sophisticated melodies, precise instrumentation and witty lyrics that will delight the whole family! The award winning Ben Rudnick and Friends acoustic band is known for its family friendly music featuring instantly hum-able original songs and fun spins on well-known traditional material. Described as a Jerry Garcia like jam band for kids. Winner of a Parent’s Choice Award.
Wednesday, August 3rd • HENRY THE JUGGLER
Henry the Juggler (alias Henry Lappen) is known to cause spontaneous outbursts of laughter. He speaks little, but says a great deal through his expression and body language (and road signs!). He has in his possession BALLS, CLUBS, RINGS, TORCHES and other apparatus of his trade. He is capable of walking on a thin wire high above the ground. He is known to change his height through the use of stilts. WARNING: Henry involves innocent bystanders in his act.
Wednesday, August 10th • HOT TAMALE BRASS BAND
Since its inception in 1992, the Hot Tamale Brass Band has led the way in Boston for energetic, fun New Orleans Jazz, Dixieland and Second Line Music. They have performed at Mardi Gras, Boston First Night, the Honk! Festival, and over 800 times at Red Sox games at Fenway Park. They have appeared on Sesame Street. Get ready for a Kids Mardi Gras Parade!
Thursday, August 11th • ANIMAL CRAZE
The Baby Animal Farm features 1 lamb, 2 baby goats, 1 piglet, 4-6 chicks, 4 ducklings, and 4 baby bunnies. A knowledgeable attendant will introduce you to the animals and help the children to feed, brush and hold them. Our attendants will answer questions and make sure everyone including the animals are having fun!
Wednesday, August 17th • DINOMAN
With magic, merry mayhem, and magnificent props, the audience is taken on a trip throughout the mesozoic era. How do we know dinosaurs were here? What is a fossil? How are they made? This program is fun and informative for all ages.
Thursday, August 18th • BONAPARTE
Screams of Delight! Howls of Laughter! Unbelievable Energy & Excitement! These are common symptoms of witnessing first-hand Bonaparté’s Award-Winning Magic Concert! Plus…as an added bonus, the show includes the dramatic appearance of a fluttering white Dove and an adorable fuzzy Bunny!
Watch for updates on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/freefunforkids
OUTDOORS: Boarding House Park, 40 French Street, Lowell, MA
INDOORS: To Be Announced Soon
FREE FUN FOR KIDS SERIES SPONSOR
The Nancy L. & Richard K. Donahue Charitable Foundation
Lowell Cultural Council / Massachusetts Cultural Council
Parker Lecture Series
- The Lowell Summer Music Series’ Free Fun For Kids will return to its open-air outdoor home at Boarding House Park, 40 French Street in Lowell National Historical Park. Due to inclement weather, some shows will be moved indoors. Rain location will be announced soon.
- There are no covid precautions currently in place at the local, state or federal level. Updates will be provided here.
- We urge attendees to spread out and keep extra space between your group and others.
- The restrooms are open at the John Street Parking Garage and the Mogan Center which is the boardinghouse next to the park.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations at Boarding House Park and at our indoor “rain location.”
- Anticipated outdoor attendance will be 300 to 600 per show. Boarding House Park capacity is 1800. Our indoor locations have a capacity of 1600 to 2800, depending on location, so there will be plenty of room to social distance if a show moves indoors due to bad weather.